Health and Wellbeing
Wellbeing issues at work are increasingly all too common!
Most people spend the majority of their waking lives at work. High stress, long hours, tough targets, lots of computer-time, difficult colleagues and clients, financial worries, and a poor work-life balance can all take a physical and mental toll.
At the start of the COVID-19 virus in 2022, Cheshire West and Chester Council's Public Health team commissioned Wellbeing 4 Performance to deliver a number of Health & Wellbeing workshops to support West Cheshire businesses during the pandemic. This project has produced a number of resources that may be helpful for your business:
- Weekly wellbeing checkup
- Address your stress - do's and don't
- Sources of Stress MHFA
- Supporting your mental health while working from home
- 10 Keys to Happier Living
- 10 reasons why every employer should invest in mental wellbeing
- Implementing Mental Health First Aiders - Guide for employers
- Line Manager Resource
- MHFA Role responsibilities
- Take 10 Together at Work
- Thriving at work Stevenson Farmer Review
- Workplace Wellbeing Toolkit
Below is some further information that may be helpful:
- If you are searching for a local service that can offer advice or support please use our LiveWellCheshireWest to assist.
- Every Mind Matters NHS website.
- The Samaritans offers free, confidential support 24 hours a day, call free on: 116 123.
- Mental Health Foundation.
- OK Rehab specialises in local drug and alcohol rehab and addiction treatment, via both inpatient and outpatient treatment providers.
NHS Mental Health Helpline: 0800 145 6485 - Open 24 hours a day, seven-days a week, available to people of all ages including children and young people who need mental health support in Cheshire East and West, and the Wirral.