Starting to Import

  • Most businesses hire someone to deal with customs and to transport their goods from overseas.

    What you need to do depends on whether you’re importing from:

    Within the EU
  • Outside the EU

You can hire a professional if you need advice about import duties and VAT.

Importing services
There are different rules if your business buys services from outside the UK.

More information and guidance.

We use 'cookies' to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website and if you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with this. If you would like to know about 'what a cookie is' and how we look after your data privacy here, follow the 'Learn More' link to read our Privacy Notice.

AcceptLearn More